Saturday, October 18, 2014

Last of the bee blocks round up for 2014

This year I was lucky to participate in a flickr quilting bee, That Stash Bee where participants make two quilt blocks for another member shopping their own stash for just the right fabrics. Here's a round up of all the block I made for the rest of the year.

September: Pineapple blossom blocks for Michonne. She picked a great palette. I'm a sucker for purples. I love this block especially the star it makes when four blocks come together. A big quilt with this block is on my to do list.

October: Katie asked for Halloween maple leaf blocks from McCalls. These were so much fun and I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I loved finding the perfect center pieces. The froggy one is from a friend's grandmother's stash.
 

The second one has a Heather Ross print. Not sure why kids in costume are going to a parade of books but I endorse it. PS. The skeleton fabric glows in the dark! 

November: Toni (our bee hive mama) kindly gave me the instructions for Novembers blocks way ahead of time so I could get them to her before the babies come. She chose the July Star block from Cluck Cluck Sew. These are made large and then you trim them down to size, always a good idea with bee blocks because everyone's quarter inch seam is always a touch different. She chose a patriotic color scheme which I found really refreshing. I love using bold colors. Plus I got a chance to use this darling sailboat 30s repro fabric in the center.


Feels good to know I am done with my sewing related commitment for the year! I love picking out fabrics, trying new block designs, and sewing for others but HATE going to the post office. 

No comments:

Post a Comment